Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday!


R is six today.  I am so proud to be her mom.  She is an amazing, beautiful, funny, silly, sweet, caring, wonderful little girl.

She woke up with a cold this morning, coughing and sneezing, but no fever, and insisted that she felt well enough to go to school.  She was very excited to have her friends sing to her and to get her birthday crown.  She was also excited to bring in the Kool Aid play dough I made for her to share with her class.  I made pink lemonade, grape, and orange play dough with glitter in all of them.  They all smell so good and look pretty too!  I thought it was sweet that this is what she chose to share with her class on her special day.  I hope they all enjoy it!



Here are a few things I love about R:

- she makes me laugh at least once a day
- she loves potty humor more than her brothers
- she has always loved fashion; she doesn't care if something is a little uncomfortable - if she thinks it looks good, she wants to wear it
- she is the healthiest eater in the house, always choosing vegetables or fruit over sweets, but she does love ice cream
- she loves to try new foods
- she prefers eating a little of everyone else's food over eating her own
- she loves fancy things. like her bed

- she loves to go out and do things, and does not like to stay home
- she likes Barbie dolls, baby dolls, princesses, peace signs, ice skating, swimming, and just recently became a Justin Bieber fan (she called him Justin "Beaver" for weeks and I loved it so much that I couldn't correct her!!!)
- she loves dance (ballet, tap, jazz, and Irish step)

- she loves her friends


- she likes to stash things in nooks and crannies around the house



- she is very social and many, many parents have told me that she is the "one person their child talks about all the time"
- her teachers love her
- she is a very good reader
- she is a great sister


- she is a wonderful daughter



My chubby baby!

First Thanksgiving
R's First Birthday

Second Birthday

Third Birthday with Cinderella
Fourth Birthday

Fifth Birthday
Here is a picture I took yesterday to mark R's last day being five (cell phone photo):

When she went to bed, she shed a few tears about turning six.  She said that being five was great and she was sad about not being five anymore.  I assured her that six is sure to be full of fun too.  She seemed pretty happy to be six when she woke up!  

Sixth Birthday

This morning I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up and she said, "a Mommy".  It made my day.

Happy Birthday Reagan Elizabeth!  I love you more than all the stars in the sky.

8 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is such a sweet post with great pictures. I enjoyed seeing a much younger pic of T with R. Happy birthday to your fantastic young lady!

Rebecca said...

Precious post!

Susana said...

Sweetest post ever, Christy. She truly sounds amazing, so special and I can imagine how much you love being her mom.

The picture of her with her hair up (with flowers) in her white costume if my absolute favorite. She looks like an angel.

I hope she had the best day ever--and you too!

This post made me so happy.

Happy Birthday to Reagan, bless her sweet heart!

Anonymous said...

R looks so big in her 6 shirt! Happy Birthday Reagan! I love she wanted to share playdough!

Ticia said...

What great pictures, and I agree the picture of her in her dance costume is precious. They're all great, but that one just caught me.

MaryAnne said...

I LOVE that cell phone photo of her last day being 5 - captures so much of that age!

What a sweet girl she is!!! Happy Birthday, Reagan!

Debbie said...

This is such a sweet post. I wanted to cry with her, when I read the part where she cried about turning 6. That was so sweet.

Sherri said...

This is a precious post!
I couldn't help but to smile...she sounds like an amazingly wonderful daughter!