Monday, March 19, 2012

Twenty-seven Weeks and my current sappy thoughts


I put this bouncy seat away over the weekend.  As you can see, K is too heavy for it; I took this picture the middle of last week and the seat was almost flat to the floor due to K's weight.  Other than clothes, this is the first thing I have put away.  I know it's silly, and I know that I said I wasn't going to get weepy because I am going to celebrate the fact that she is healthy and growing, but I still got a little weepy over it.  I just couldn't help it.  Sigh.  Time just goes by too fast.

Just in case I haven't mentioned it lately, I am just so in love with K.  She is such a sweet baby, always quick with a smile, always looking to me for reassurance, always trying to get Dad's attention, so easily comforted, and so happy to see her siblings.  I can't imagine life without her; I'm so happy that she is part of our family.

Over the last few days, I have realized that I am just one of those women who will never be able to say that I am done having children.  I'm not saying that we will have more children, but I'm just not capable of saying I am done.  Sure, I have days when things are not going well or one of the kids is in a rough patch and I think that four is all that we can handle as a family, but there are so many more moments when I see them playing together, loving each other, being sweet, telling me they love me, growing up, having fun, admiring Dad, trying to be like their biggest brother, hitting milestones, dancing, playing the piano, excelling in school, excelling in sports, and I just don't want that to end.  I love being a mom; it truly is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced.  I am not perfect and I make A LOT of mistakes, and things aren't always perfect in our house (ahem), and sometimes I wonder if I can do anything right, but I love my children, I love that I am able to stay home and raise them, and I hope that they will always hold fond memories of their childhood in their hearts.

7 comments:

Susana said...

I've been so awful in commenting, Christy and I feel guilty, but I've been reading every single post...

Had to comment right now or I know I might not...you know I feel the VERY same way about my children and being a mom as you've relayed here.

I will NEVER be ready to say I am done having children. I've definitely come to that conclusion. I will always want more, always have days where try as hard as I can I feel sad that my kids are getting older way too fast for me!

I have no idea what the future holds for our family as far as growth, only time will tell, but I can say I am enjoying the ride and loving my children with all my heart and being a mom is the best thing in my life along with wife to my sweet Jamie.

Each day passes so quickly and like you I am trying to enjoy every phase and moment even though I know with each one they all get a bit closer to flying on their own, but that also means they are healthy and here with me, and there is nothing more I could want.

Big hugs and love to you from me, Christy!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big! What a sweet personality she has!

Jenny said...

I felt sad for you when I read you put the bouncy seat away.

My problems with infertility, preterm labor and Abby having extremely bad reflux made me accept that she would most likely be our only child years ago. I still think about having another baby every single day. Babies are the such wonderful blessings from God.

I'm glad I have a big family and someone is always having a baby I can hold. LOL!

Ticia said...

I know what you mean. We're pretty much done having kids, but there's definitely times where I want another one. Thankfully my SIL who lives in town is about to have her first, so that'll work for a surrogate for now.

And if your kids don't love you and cherish those memories, I'll come over and smack them upside the head for you. :)

MaryAnne said...

I don't think I'll ever be able to say that I am done either - doesn't mean we'll have more than four, but don't see the fourth feeling "final". I love reading about how much you enjoy K, as well as your three other children!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Even though I am on the opposite side of the fence regarding the number of kids, I can totally connect to your sappy thoughts. Sometimes I just want to freeze the moment and enjoy this phase as long as I possibly can. How neat that you get to experience those sweet milestones again with K.

Sherri said...

I love you for this post!
Your an amazing mom...every child that gets to be in your home is lucky!
I know exactly how you feel...I can't say I'm done either! I love each one of them...and I get sappy too!