Monday, March 5, 2012

Shamrocks

We are gearing up for one of our favorite holidays - St. Patrick's Day!  Over the weekend, C and R made two different kinds of shamrocks.

They used markers to color coffee filters, then sprayed a little water on them to make the ink spread, and I cut them into shamrocks after they dried.





I used a shamrock template from DLTK to make it easier.




On Sunday, my cousin Sandra visited (from Florida) and taught them how to make shamrocks out of pipe cleaners and pony beads.  It was tricky at first, but they got it with Sandra's help.






The directions for the pipe cleaner shamrock can be found at Craft Elf.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Those are neat. I'll have to check out the tutorial for the shamrock and beads.

Ticia said...

I like both of those ideas. I want to do something fun this year for St. Patrick's Day, but still trying to figure it out.

Sherri said...

Awesome! Love those coffee filter shamrocks!

Debbie said...

I love all the shamrocks going on here. Selena and I just have to get the coffee filters out. I will be checking into that tutorial as well.

MaryAnne said...

So pretty! Love the pipe cleaner version, too - we'll definitely be making those at least!

Anonymous said...

Love both of these crafts! We are going to do tye-dye ones soon!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great ideas. Anna had a leprechaun trap to do for school. Luckily, we've done it yesterday, because today she is totally sick. They have a lot of leprechaun fun happening in school.