Saturday, March 31, 2012

Random Things


R made this with some things she found in our craft area.  She is all about arts and crafts now, but she wants to come up with her own ideas and do her own thing.  She is no longer interested in my craft ideas. That's R - very independent from the day she was born.


C came home from school with this earlier this week.  I was SO excited.  I have wanted to make the Oreo cookie phases of the moon for years, but never did it.  There was no putting it off anymore, I had to extend his learning.  We had fun with it!






We broke A LOT of cookies in the process!!!!!!!!


We also made resurrection rolls.


These are the directions I followed:

  • Give each child one triangle shaped section of crescent roll. This represents the tomb.
  • Each child takes one marshmallow which represents the body of Christ. 
  • Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon burial. 
  • Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow. 
  • Make sure all seams are pinched together well. (Otherwise the marshmallow will "ooze" out of the seams) 
  • Bake according to package directions. 
  • Cool. 
  • Break open the tomb and the body of Christ is no longer there
   


C and R enjoyed this.  The rolls were tasty too.  Next time, I have to remember to seal them better because a few of ours leaked marshmallow.

In other news around the house, T has pink eye and I am hoping that no one else gets it.  Also, C took his last dose of medicine for his ear infection this morning and his ear hurts tonight.  I hope everyone is healthy for Easter.

5 comments:

Ticia said...

Oh no, I'm sorry you have so much sickness. Yuck!

I haven't successfully sealed our Resurrection Rolls yet either.

Anonymous said...

Ohh no I hope everyone feels better soon!! I love the moon phases and I have plans for the resurrection rolls as well!

Jenny said...

Yikes about the pink eye. You'd better follow him around with some clorox!

That picture of R by herself looks like an older K! That is neat.

I love the oreo moon phases. I've seen it too, but haven't done it yet. We do need some science stuff to finish the rest of the year, so I will have to do this! And we have a whole package of oreos waiting.

MaryAnne said...

Emma is all about making her own crafts, too!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great to catch up with what C and R have been up to. R looks so cute in these pictures. Anna does her own crafts sometimes too, but it seems to me that she simply doesn't have time to really immerse in crafting. We've been much too busy lately.