Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Fun


R had Irish Step last night and all of the girls dressed up for St. Patrick's Day.  Doesn't she look adorable?  She was very excited about the green tutu.


I made shamrock pretzel treats this week.  These are always a favorite in our house.


C and R made leprechaun traps.

This is the trap that R made:



True to their personalities, R got right to work and finished her trap in less than thirty minutes, while C thought about it, worried about it, and reworked his finished product several times.

Here is C's trap:

He used packaging tape all around so that if the leprechaun tries to get out, he will get stuck to the tape!





Our resident leprechaun actually sent me a picture of the treats he plans to leave for the three big kids.


I did have to tell him that the kids are sure to notice that he left out the blue in the rainbow.  Ugh - he was going to use m&m candies, but went with Skittles because there are no purple m&m's.  I, I mean he, didn't think about the fact that there are no blue Skittles in the original variety!!!!!!!

Well, I can't wait to see if that leprechaun plays any tricks on us this year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the treat! I am sure they will notice the no blue.. how can their commercial say taste the rainbow w/o blue! I am sure the kids will love eating them just the same!

Jenny said...

R looks so cute! LOL about them working on the traps. It sounds just like as if it were Abby and her cousin Matthew making them. Matthew is much more analytical about things.

The pretzels look so yummy. Oops about the blue. I hadn't thought about there not being blue in the skittles.

MaryAnne said...

I love the all-green Irish step outfit! I wish I could get Emma to do Irish step, but she isn't interested (so far, at least).

Their traps are excellent!

Sherri said...

She looks adorable!!!!
I love all the st pattys day!

Ticia said...

What great traps!