Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Twenty-eight Weeks

I'm a few days late posting this week.

This is so sweet.  I couldn't resist posting it.

K went to the doctor for her six month well check yesterday.  She weighed 17 lbs 2 oz and measured 27 5/8 inches long.  I'm not sure how accurate the weight is because K was screaming on the scale and it was difficult for the nurse to get a reading.  K screamed through the whole exam too; she does not like strangers to touch her!  She had three shots (DTap, Pneumococcal Conjugate, and Hepatitis B) and the Rotavirus drink.

K had her first fever last night.  I woke up at midnight and thought she felt warm, so I took her temperature and it was 100.1.  I had to get the acetaminophen and the dosing chart, and by the time I gave it to her, she was wide awake and stayed awake until 1AM.  She is fever free today so I assume the fever was from the immunizations.

I was concerned that K hasn't rolled from her back to stomach yet, but the  doctor told me this is typical now and not cause for concern.  It isn't even considered a "milestone" anymore.


K is still working on sitting too; she is very wobbly.  Some may say that she is a bit late in these areas due to the fact that she is permanently attached to my hip.  There are worse things I could do - right?

One of the things I love about K right now is her giggle.  It is so easy to make her laugh!  I will try to post a video soon.  She laughs when I dry my hair (especially if I'm upside down), when Dad plays silly games with her, when R dances around the room, when her brothers act goofy, and when she is tickled.  The dog has yet to make her laugh, but that is probably due to the fact that Kelly is kind of lazy.  Kelly is very patient with K though and is happy to accept pets from her little hands.


K really enjoys spending time in this toy now.  She makes her way around and enjoys playing with all of the toys, especially the piano!  R likes to sit and play with her.  I love the expression on K's face as she watches R.  So cute!


6 comments:

MaryAnne said...

That first picture is darling! And I love that toy! Very tempted to get one for this baby...

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

K is such a lucky baby to grow up with so many siblings adoring her. The last picture is so precious.

Ticia said...

It is so cute to watch both of them playing on that together. I bet all little kids who come over immediately go over to that and at least spend a couple of minutes touching every button.

Anonymous said...

Glad her fever is gone! She looks so big standing and playing!! R looks like a great big sister!

Jenny said...

So cute! Yikes about the fever, I do remember Abby getting them sometimes after shots. She was also always crabby the next day.

I love her kitty cat jammies!

Sherri said...

I love all the pictures...especially the first...there is so much love at your house! She is so adorable!