Thursday, March 15, 2012

Keys


C and R (MOSTLY R) have been asking for their own house keys.  I kept saying yes, but I didn't actually get them.  Well, that only works for so long with R.  She made me PROMISE that I would get the keys today.  So, here they are - house keys.  Not that they will actually need the keys to get in the house; they are too young to come home alone, but I know they will be proud to have them nonetheless.

I went to Ace Hardware in town and that is always an experience.  The man (I guess he is the owner) behind the counter is always kind of grouchy, but today he was smoking a cigarette.  The entire store (it's really tiny) was full of smoke.  It was so weird.  I have vague memories of going into businesses where people were smoking when I was much younger, but that doesn't happen anymore (hooray!).  So, K had her first experience with second hand smoke today.  How's that for a milestone?

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh how I know the feeling, we have a local barber who says nobody but nobody is going to tell him he can't smoke in his own business. I can always tell when he is working when Papa goes to get a haircut. I use to take Selena there for a haircut until I walked in one day and there he sat in the chair smoking. YUK!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, that is nasty. I would have walked right out of there. Is that legal anymore?

Cute keys though!

Ticia said...

Well at least the keys are cute! I'm sorry he's so grumpy.

Anonymous said...

Love the super cute keys.. that is nasty that he was smoking in the shop!

MaryAnne said...

Those keys are great! I thought they weren't allowed to smoke in stores in Massachusetts??