Thursday, June 7, 2012

COOKIES

I made chocolate chip cookies using a recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Clover Lane.  The cookies came out great, but you don't have to take my word for it:





Here is the recipe:
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients.  Mix well.  Add chocolate chips.  I put the dough in the fridge for about 2 hours.

I wanted to make large cookies, so I used my ice cream scooper to measure and scooped dough onto parchment covered cookie sheets.  I flattened each cookie a little before baking.

Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes (keep in mind my oven is fast).  Cool before removing from sheets.


I sent R next door with cookies for the neighbors because we have had more than enough sweets around here lately, and she is always over there playing, so the least we can do is send over some cookies!

6 comments:

Susana said...

I saw this recipe and wondered if they were any good. I am making them tomorrow!!!! We can eat them with some of the chocolate ice cream we've got left from today, lol.

LOVE the pic of T with the cookies :-).

Thanks for the heads up on the recipe.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love the pictures - perhaps this is something I'll try next time I bake. I pinned the recipe!

Sherri said...

I love the post!!!
Those faces convinced me to make them...as soon as we get back in town!

Jenny said...

Well, T's thumbs up makes me want to try them! I wonder how they are different then the usual chocolate chip cookie recipe? I'll have to compare them.

Jenny said...

Well, T's thumbs up makes me want to try them! I wonder how they are different then the usual chocolate chip cookie recipe? I'll have to compare them.

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone loved them!