Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Recital 2012 - Party on the Dance Floor

R danced in her third recital this past weekend.  A few days before, I pampered her pretty little feet with a pedicure.




After the pampering, she asked if we can do this regularly.  It was fun for me too, so I am happy to oblige.

Thursday was dress rehearsal.  We had to be there by 3:30 and we got home around 10:00.  It was a long night.





Recital was Saturday and Sunday and the show was about three and a half hours.  R danced in the following numbers:

Yeah Yeah Yeah - opening



Irish Step


Mary Poppins Medley - ballet - I love these costumes and this dance.  Very sweet.









Wild Child - tap





Little Red Riding Hood - jazz - one dress rehearsal and two days of recital and somehow I did not get one picture of R in this costume!  A friend shared this picture; it isn't great, but R is all the way on the left in front.


Another friend shared this picture:


One Club at a Time - finale tap - the entire ensemble wears the same costume for the finale as they do for the opening (the LDS tee shirt and shorts above).  LDS is for Loralee's Dance Studio.

On the first day of recital, Dad, T, C, Grandma Susan, Grandpa Jim, and Great Grandma Paskowski came to see the show and I didn't get pictures of R with any of them.

Our babysitter, Katie, also came to see the show and she brought R some ballet books.  I managed to get pictures of this.




On the second day of recital, Dad, Papa, Grandma M, Auntie Karen, and Uncle Mark came to see the show.



Ugh - blurry photo - that's what happens when you take pictures while holding a squirmy baby.

I look tired - I was tired!  My sister (see above photo of Auntie Karen) took this picture and I am SO VERY GRATEFUL because I am never in pictures!
R has always been a girl of many silly faces:




One of my favorite pictures from recital weekend is of Tom holding K and Bobbie (R's friend M's Dad) holding their baby M (they have three children and all of them have M names).  Everyone who walked by them at this moment thought it was so sweet and wanted to take a picture. This is how they spent a good portion of father's day:


K spent most of recital weekend with us at BCC, and she was so good.  When I had to help R change, K sat in this chair and snacked on Cheerios.  At other times, she was with Dad or being held by someone if she was sleeping.


This is R and some of her friends with the owner of the studio (she is also R's dance teacher), Miss Loralee:


Here are the girls with their tap teacher, Miss Jenn:


Here are some pictures of R with her dance friends:






I LOVE watching R dance on stage.  I am so proud of her and we are looking forward to her fourth year of dance!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

She is precious! I love her outfits...and she makes them even cuter!
I love the idea of a pedicure before...keep those dancing feet fresh!

Ticia said...

Wow! Those outfits are amazing. What a great show.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

These costumes are so pretty. You know, I always think that your husband looks super young in the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow she had a lot of different dances! I love all of their costumes!

Jenny said...

That's a lot of dances! I love the costumes, they are so cute. Great pics!