Wednesday, June 20, 2012

School's Out for Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray!!!  Let the fun begin!  I am so excited to have the kiddos home for the summer.

The last three days have been half days and each day at the elementary school had a theme.

Monday was Character Day.  R wore part of her jazz costume to be Little Red Riding Hood.

My cell phone takes terrible pictures.


Tuesday was Tropical Day.


Wednesday (today), the last day of school, was Principal Pride Day.  Our principal is retiring and her favorite color is purple, so the students wore purple in honor of her last day as their principal.

R's last day of Kindergarten


C had no interest in dressing up for any of these days.  Here he is on his last day of second grade:


Today was also T's last day of school.  Freshman year is over.  He was thrilled to have his picture taken at 6:30 this morning.


While the kids were in school, I made Cool Whip Cones (frozen pudding and cool whip in a cone).  T and C loved them, but R did not (no surprise there - I should have just made her an ice cream cone).




I also made a sign to welcome the kids to summer vacation.


When they got off the bus, I sprayed them with silly string!!!!!!!!!!






Finally, I filled fifty water balloons for them to play with.







They liked popping them over their own heads!
I hope we have a wonderful summer!  

6 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How fun! Congrats on the last day of school. We are in our second vacation week already!

Ticia said...

Looks like a great last day of school!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect way to kick off the summer!!

Sherri said...

Whooo Hooo!!!!
Your summer is going to rock!!!
I love the summer celebration!
I thought you were already out of school??
Let the fun begin! :)

Jenny said...

Oh how fun! I love the silly string idea, I bet they were so excited!

MaryAnne said...

You are such an awesome mom!

Emma's principal retired, too.