Saturday, October 20, 2012

Another Week in Pictures

Collin and Reagan's school pictures came in this week.  

Third Grade

First Grade
They also got midterm reports this week and they both received glowing reports.  We are so proud of them.  

We had parent-teacher conferences for Tyler this week.  All of his teachers seem very nice and they all said he is very bright and they expect great things from him.  

Reagan made casts out of paper grocery bags earlier this week.  I was quite impressed with the cast she made for her foot.  I think she was inspired by her friend, Allison, who currently has a cast on her hand.



Collin and Reagan used glow in the dark paint to paint some Halloween decorations.  I am somewhat disappointed with the paint.  They have applied three coats and the paint still doesn't glow that well.



I made Avalanche Bars for the first time and they were a total fail in our house.


I threw most of them away.  I had to make up for it by making classic Rice Krispies treats; as usual they disappeared quickly.


Last night, we watched Gremlins.  Collin loves movies that are just scary enough without being too scary, and this was perfect.  He watched it again today.

Today, Collin and Reagan each got to go to a friend's house.  They both had a great time.  Reagan went to Newport with her friend and they texted me this super cute picture.

It was warm enough for them to splash in the water a bit.  Reagan said the water was hot!  Um, sure.  I bet it was ice cold!

Katelyn has been doing so well in her crib.  She has been sleeping twelve to thirteen hours each night.  I couldn't be happier!  She always wakes up smiling and she seems so well rested now.  Somehow, I went an entire week without taking any pictures of Kate!  GASP!  I will make up for it over the next few days.

I am feeling especially grateful lately.  Grateful that I can be home with my children and watch them grow.  Grateful that we are healthy.  Grateful that my children have good friends.  Grateful for a beautiful home, the best husband a woman could ask for, four amazing children, family that loves us and does so much for us, enough money to provide for our family, and so much more.  The mother of a child in Collin's grade passed away this week and whenever I hear about children losing a parent, I can't help but hold my own children a little tighter and thank God that Tom and I are here with them.  I have so much to be grateful for.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh so true to that last paragraph!!

I love that picture of the girls in the waves! But brr!

Sherri said...

I wish we lived close to the beach!
Especially one with HOT October water! :)
Heeheehee...those casts rock!!

MaryAnne said...

That is so sad about Collin's classmate's mother. I'm very grateful to be home with my healthy children, too.

Ticia said...

I do the same thing when I hear about a parent passing away or a child. I hug my kids and they look at me like I'm crazy.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

There are so many things to be grateful for every day. Reagan is so creative - I like her idea to make a cast. Hopefully, she won't ever experience a real one!