Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

We were fortunate that Hurricane Sandy was just an annoyance around here.  The worst that happened to us is a tree branch fell on our fence.


School was closed for two days and we stayed busy.  Here is a little bit of what we did:

Reagan used a kit to carve her pumpkin.  It is supposed to be a cat wearing a witch hat.  Not sure we will use a kit agaiin.



Collin came up with his own design, drew it on paper and then on the pumpkin, and I helped him carve it.




This was the first time we have ever carved pumpkins; usually, we just paint and decorate them.  The benefit of carving is that we had pumpkin seeds to roast!  I roasted them in butter and salt and the kids thought they tasted like popcorn.



They also built a fort, watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and spent time with Grandma.

Kate was happy to have so much time with her siblings; she loves all of them so much.


Kate and Reagan both have fevers today.  Kate's fever started last night and Reagan woke up with one this morning.  They are both right around 100.  When Reagan woke up this morning, she said her head felt "overweight"; I couldn't help laughing at that!  I feel so sad for her because her class is having a Halloween party today and I was going to help in the class.  We even made mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for the class.


Luckily, Collin was happy to deliver the muffins to Reagan's class.  I know how excited she was about it, bummer.  She is still hoping to be better tonight so that she can do a little trick or treating.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys didn't get much damage! We just missed some of the strong winds by about 15-20 miles. I hope Reagan feels better soon!

Ticia said...

Awww, well you and Reagan can eat them together maybe?

I'm glad it didn't cause too much damage for you.

Sherri said...

I don't love storms that cause damage...but I love days home from school! Looks like you embraced every minute...like you always do! I love the fort! We need a few of those over here! I'm so glad you okay! I've thought about you a ton...and I'm relieved to hear everything one and everything is okay...except one tree!

MaryAnne said...

We missed two days of school, too. I'm so glad the storm didn't do more damage in Massachusetts!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Sorry Reagan didn't get to go to her Halloween party. My parents are still without power in New Jersey, but the house is fine. Crazy how much damage it was!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad to hear you did well in Sandy! My kids have been sick one after the other with fevers/coughs. I think we're finally on the mend.
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Jenny said...

Poor Reagan! This time of year is so fun, but always brings the viruses on.

The pumpkin muffins sound good!

Abby hasn't carved a pumpkin yet. She's not interested. LOL!