Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkins, Art and GAK

Collin and Reagan painted pumpkins after school yesterday.

Collin used a drip technique by just squeezing the paint onto the top of the pumpkin and letting it drip down the sides.

That is chocolate across his cheek!




Reagan painted Halloween pictures on her pumpkin.







While they worked on their pumpkins, Kate made some of her own art.  For the first time, I gave her a piece of paper and some markers.  She sat for the longest time, almost an hour, drawing happily.



I left the room for a minute and Collin decided to use his GAK to make a headband for Kate.  The next thing I knew, Kate was crying and Reagan was saying, "You are pulling her hair!".



Luckily, all of the GAK came out with water and gentle combing.  Oh, and I wasn't fond of GAK to begin with so we no longer have any in the house.

6 comments:

Sherri said...

The guck in Kate's hair is so funny! My Annika put every kind of stinky substance in her own hair...and all over her body! I'm glad she has graduated from that stage of life!
The pumpkins are great!

Debbie said...

Sorry couldn't help but laugh about the GAK in Kate's hair, that expression on her face tells it all! Love the kids pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Glad the Gak came out well.. Kinda funny he was trying to make a headband! I love the pumpkins!

MaryAnne said...

I'm glad you got the GAK out! That sounds like something Johnny would try with Anna.

I LOVE Collin's pumpkin!

Ticia said...

Oh my, I could just see Wendy putting it in her hair and having the same problem.......

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

OMG, serious lack of judgement of Collin's part, but this is still stuff memories are made of. The pumpkins are beautiful!