Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Rainbow Foam

 Kate was a bit out of sorts today as she is recovering from a bit of a cold.  I thought this beautiful rainbow foam would be the perfect antidote for all that was ailing her, and made it mostly to cure the grumpies.

It was super easy to make.  For each color, I mixed 2 TBSP dish soap (I originally assumed that clear or white dish soap was necessary, but I was wrong, the dye in the dish soap will not interfere with the color of the foam.  I found that Dawn makes the best foam!), 1/4 cup water, and a few drops of food coloring in my mixer on high speed for 1 - 2 minutes.  That's it!  Then I scooped the foam into an under the bed storage bin.  I made one color at a time, and Kate really enjoyed watching the soap foam up in the mixer!


 Kate is averse to touching anything like this, so she used spoons and cups to play in the foam.  I know that somewhat defeats the sensory experience, but Kate enjoyed it in her own way!  I'll have to make this again because I know Reagan will LOVE it.  I bet Reagan will climb right in and enjoy every bit of the foam!!
  Kate had a rainbow foam tea party!






 Her face in the above picture is so precious!  I'm SO ridiculously happy that I was able to capture that expression!
 Here's a cappuccino with extra foam for you Mama!




 Obviously, Kate did get foam on her hands, but I had a small container of warm water and a towel nearby for her.  Phew.  She's not my first child to flip out over sensory issues, so I am usually one step ahead of her!
This was so pretty and all of the soap made my kitchen smell nice and clean.  I am planning to repeat this during our Rainbow week for the letter R.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun!! I am planning an R week for the 4 year old class at our co-op and I totally think I will make this for them!!

Sherri said...

What else can I say....WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!