Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

For the fourteenth day of love, I originally planned on making banana splits, but Collin has been sick and I haven't left the house in a few days, so I didn't have everything I needed.  That was okay because I opened the cabinet to see what I had on hand and I saw leftover candy canes from Christmas.  I remembered the candy cane hearts from The Artful Parent and decided to go with those.

They are so easy to make.  I just formed two candy canes in a heart shape and poured melted chocolate in the middle.  A few sprinkles on top, and they are pretty and festive!

Tom loves dates, so I made these turtles.
Wow, are they good!  I just sliced open the date without cutting all the way through, removed the pit, placed the date flat to look like a butterfly, added three pecans, and topped them with melted dark chocolate.

The three big kids presented me with some very thoughtful gifts!
I couldn't have been happier!

Now if everyone around here could just get healthy!  This cold started with Tyler and has attacked everyone but me.  I am hoping that it has no interest in me because I just can't be bothered with a cold!

Collin has definitely been hit hardest.  Today is his third day of sickness.  Boo has been taking good care of him.

I'm currently seeking the assistance of Super Goggle Princess Girl to rid our home of all of these germs!
We have school vacation all next week, and we are looking forward to a visit from Auntie Karen, so hopefully everyone will be healthy and we can have some fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These turned out super cute!! Always nice when you can produce something from the pantry! Glad to see that Collin is now feeling better! I hope you stay healthy!

Sherri said...

I am so sorry your house has been sick! My two little ones both have had RSV...yucky! So the last week has been me sitting right next to Carson making sure he is doing okay!
I love your valentine sweets!
And I can't wait to make those Date turtles! Yummy!