Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Science and Ice Cream

It is school vacation week and Auntie Karen is here visiting; that is a double WIN!!!

Yesterday, Collin, Reagan, Kate, Auntie Karen, and I went to the mall to see Mad Science.  Here is a description of the event:
This spellbinding special event introduces children to the principles of air and pressure. Hot air balloons, vortex generators and even a hovercraft will help children understand the power of air. 

I thought the show was interesting, but I can't go so far as "spellbinding".  Collin and Reagan said it was kind of boring.  I think the woman just talked a little too much.  At the end of the show, the kids had an opportunity to make putty.  Collin chose not to participate since we had made putty at home just a few days before.  I told him the Mad Science putty had different ingredients, but he was set with his decision.  Reagan made some.

Later in the day, Reagan wanted to use her Cook It in a Cup cookbook; she made mini meatloaves.
I don't eat meat, but everyone else that ate them said they were good!  I'm happy that she has taken an interest in cooking.  It's nice to learn at a young age.

After dinner, we had a make your own sundae night.

 I named Collin's sundae a stomach ache in a bowl.  He didn't eat all of it!

Tyler and Auntie Karen were at the movies when we had the sundae fun, but they made up for it by going to Friendly's after the movie!

Today Reagan is going to Dave & Buster's with a friend, and Collin is going to see The Lego Movie for the second time with Grandma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an fun day of vacation!

Sherri said...

I love the stomach ache in a bowl...perfect name! You guys had a great day! :)