Sunday, February 16, 2014

Silly Putty



I recently stumbled upon an old post from Almost Unschoolers on how to make silly putty.  I've actually made this with Tyler, but it was years ago, before we moved into this house.  I thought Collin and Reagan might enjoy it, and I had everything on hand.

We mixed 2 TBSP of Elmer's Glue with 1 TBSP of liquid laundry starch and a few drops of food coloring in a sandwich size ziploc bag.  Once they started to come together, the kids took the very wet and still slimy putty out of the bags and kneaded it until the texture resembled that of store bought Silly Putty.





 Reagan made three batches, and Collin made two.  We added glitter to one batch.  A lot of the glitter just rubbed off on our hands, but some of it stayed in the putty.  It's worth adding.









3 comments:

Sherri said...

I hope to make this with my kiddos!
It looks like a blast!

MaryAnne said...

Such a fun craft! We need to try adding glitter.

Anonymous said...

What fun!! Looks like something Sammy would enjoy!