Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Update


I had an ultrasound today and it was great.  The technician was very thorough and showed my husband and I everything.  The baby was very active.  Can you tell what the baby is doing in that ultrasound photo?  Yawning (see the open mouth?)!  How funny that we were able to capture that moment; I love it.  I think it is my favorite ultrasound photo ever.  The baby's hand is up by the side of the head, and my husband joked that it looks like the baby is talking on a cell phone.  The only bad part about the ultrasound was drinking sixteen ounces of water an hour before and then having to wait all that time to go to the bathroom! 

After the ultrasound, I met with the midwife and she told me that everything looked good on the ultrasound.  The baby's heartbeat registered at 154 beats per minute. 

After the appointment, we met my mother-in-law, C, and R at our favorite cafe for lunch.  They were very anxious to know the gender.  I had them close their eyes and I placed a mini foil wrapped Reese's peanut butter egg in each of their hands.  I told them the color of the wrapper would tell them the gender.  They were all very excited to find out that we will be welcoming a little girl to our family (the wrapper was pink, obviously)!!!!!!!!!!!  It will be even around here - two boys and two girls.  There is just one problem, according to C; we have a female dog.  Oh well, we are not getting another dog anytime soon; that will just have to remain out of balance.

17 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

YAY! How exciting! R must be so happy :) The ultrasound picture is really nice too, and I am glad to know that all is going well.

MaryAnne said...

That ultrasound picture is darling! And how exciting to have another little girl!

Annette W. said...

Awe! Yay for a little girl! Congratulations on a little sister for the kids!

Ticia said...

I was going to guess sucking her thumb. So incredibly cute!

Miller Moments said...

What a wonderful picture! Congrats on a girl!!!!

Susana said...

I am glad all looks healthy and well for your sweet baby GIRL!

I'm so happy for you and for R, Christy! I had really hoped you would have a girl so R would have a sister. That will be perfect. As much as I would have LOVED another girl, I am very happy for my 3 boys to have one another.

Congratulations!!

Sherri said...

What a perfect family!
Another dog is better than what my boy wants....he thinks we should have 4 girls and 21 boys!
I have some work to do!

Jenny said...

I am so excited for you!! R will just love having a little sister! LOL about the female dog, come on...why can't you just get a boy dog? LOL!

Unknown said...

Uh-oh- looks like you are going to have to invest in more minutes for Family Cell Phone Plan... ;0)

It's good to see that baby is growing strong and healthy- yahoo!!!

Debbie said...

This is sweet you get to welcome another baby girl. Love the ultrasound picture. I am with Ticia, my first guess was sucking her thumb.

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! I had a feeling it was a girl :) I am so happy for you and your family, and delighted to hear that baby is doing well. I think that is the sweetest ultrasound picture I have ever seen. It seems like she has a great little personality already. Happy Easter to you and your family of 6!

Brimful Curiosities said...

So happy to hear your news! I imagine your daughter is very, very excited that she won't be the lone girl anymore.

Anonymous said...

yay!!! Congrats on the healthy baby and some more pink in your future :-)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the baby girl!!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Hurray for girls! I adore the picture - action shots are always the best :)

Kelly said...

Such fun news!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. It does look like she's talking on the phone. Happy Easter.
http://littlewondersdays.blogspot.com/

Elle Belles Bows said...

YEAH! Congrats on the baby girl! What exciting news. Take care,

Kerri