Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket


....a multicolored tissue/contact paper sun catcher basket.


I cut a basket shape out of clear contact paper and let C and R cover it with all of the little scraps of tissue paper we had lying around.


I then stuck another piece of contact paper over the tissue paper to sandwich it between the two sticky clear layers; I cut off any excess contact paper.


I hung the sun catcher on our sliding glass door, and C and R used our Crayola window crayons to fill the basket with goodies.


Once again we made a sun catcher on a cloudy day; it must be wishful thinking.  If the sun shows up this week, the basket will look very pretty!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute! I like how they used the window markers with this craft.
Little Wonders' Days

Ticia said...

Oh how sweet! But, now I have that song stuck in my head

MaryAnne said...

Very nice! I hope we get some sun for Easter!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It looks so very pretty... and I also can't stop from singing the song :)

Susana said...

This is adorable, and it looks so pretty with the bright colors too.

Sherri said...

That's a wonderful idea!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

What fun! I especially love the window crayons and letting the kids fill up the basket - but don't you love contact paper? We've only done one craft with it, but it was so much fun and SO EASY! LOVE!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow