Saturday, April 2, 2011

PB & J Day


Today is national peanut butter and jelly day!  We will definitely enjoy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches today, and I just happened to find the perfect book on the library shelves for a special lunch time read.


The Peanut Butter and Jelly Game by Adam Eisenson is about Harry the Gorilla.  He impulsively spends all of his money on a baseball mitt he does not need and then finds himself with nothing to eat.  Harry craves his favorite meal (a peanut butter and jelly sandwich) and decides to borrow the ingredients from his neighbors.  Along the way, Harry learns some very important life lessons.

14 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh I can get on board with peanut butter and jelly day! That sounds delicious!

Kelly said...

What a funny day to have! Juiciness will love to know this.
http://littlewondersdays.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Very fun book and the yummy pb&j makes me hungry!

Debbie said...

I am sure we will enjoy PB & Jelly, well Selena will enjoy the PB, but we will make up for her lack of Jelly.

Unknown said...

I JUST had a PB&J sandwich for breakfast this morning...Yummmmmmmmm!

Susana said...

That book is awesome! LOVE that shot of R too with the sandwich--I don't know if it was intentional, but you got it from a great angle:-).

I think PB & J Day is everyday here--LOL!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Now I don't feel so bad for feeding the children PB&J's for breakfast, this morning :)

phasejumper said...

Fun! I love themes! Bookmarking this for next year!

Sherri said...

That's a staple at our house!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Did I not leave a comment here this morning? Hmmm...I wonder whose blog I left a comment about feeding the kids pb&j's for breakfast on? Oh well - great to know there's a day for it!

Ticia said...

That sounds like a cute book.

Amusingly enough only one of my kids likes jelly. The other two want just plain peanut butter.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

The book sounds very interesting! For some reason Anna hates PB, so no PB&J for us. Interestingly, PB is completely not part of European cuisine, I wonder why.

Jenny said...

How fun! I didn't get the memo that today was PB&J day.

Susana said...

I am so glad that our library has this book!! Just requested it.