Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby Update - Hello Third Trimester!

That is a big belly!  I didn't realize how big it was until I saw this picture - maybe it's the stripes!
Today is the first day of my third trimester.  I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going by, but I am really enjoying every minute of it.  

The baby still moves around a lot; she is definitely a very active baby girl and this makes me happy.  I love to feel her move. 

I am feeling pretty good.  I still have leg cramps at night; sometimes they keep me awake for hours.  People have recommended bananas, stretching, and leg massage; I have tried all three, but nothing has helped.  I also get unsightly varicose and spider veins every pregnancy, so my legs aren't pretty right now, but they usually don't bother me much.  So, just a couple of minor inconveniences - all worth it in the end.

Last week I had the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes.  I drank eight ounces of fruit punch syrup (gross, but better than the other flavors that I have had for past pregnancies), waited an hour, and had blood drawn.  I have not heard from the lab or my doctor, so I assume that means the test was fine.

That's about all I have to report!  

16 comments:

Maria said...

Wow! You look fabulous!
I remember the glucose test with my first child. My midwives told me to go get a big, sugary breakfast and the IHOP!! Then they did the test!! I loved that test :-)

Annette W. said...

I think you look cute! I am NOT looking forward to the gluclose test...it makes me sick.

Susana said...

You are looking so good Christy! I have to admit, I am a tad bit envious of your baby belly, but SO, SO happy and excited for you! I am glad you are feeling good and enjoying your pregnancy. Oh, I know just how excited you must be to know that holding your new baby girl is only weeks around the corner! I pray this last trimester goes well for you.

Debbie said...

You look so good! I am not sure about the leg cramps during pregnancy but I know that I was told to take more Vitamin D for my leg cramps that I get since my cancer.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

You really do look great! I'm sorry the bananas didn't work, but it sounds like you're dealing with things well. I'm sure the baby is going to be beautiful, and totally worth all of it. I'm not jealous of the pregnancy, or sleepless nights you have ahead - but there's nothing like a sweet little snuggly baby!

MaryAnne said...

You look great!!!

Those drinks are awful. My sister said her doctor let her eat jelly beans instead. I want to find a doctor like that, if we have any more kids!

Unknown said...

Oh, you are one of those disgustingly cute, all baby belly pregnant women!

Just ADORABLE!!!

Jenny said...

You are so cute!

My cousin also gets spider veins when she is pregnant. She wears a wrap on her legs, because they hurt.

Happy 3rd trimester!

Kelly said...

Yeah!! You look fabulous! I'm glad things are going so well other than the leg cramps and sleepless nights. I've never had them, so I have no advice. When I was pregnant with the twins, I used one of those big body pillows to keep comfortable. I wonder if that would help any.
Little Wonders' Days

Ticia said...

You're looking so cute!

I think that just means your husband needs to give you more leg massages, obviously.

Sherri said...

You look adorable! So NOT fair...I am not a cute pregnant lady! I am glad everything is going good! I can't wait for your baby! Your the best mom ever! =)

Unknown said...

You look fantastic! I can't believe you're in the 3rd trimester already! Your little girl will be here in no time!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You look great. Oh yes, I can believe that you are in your third trimester :) I hope everything goes well for you in this home stretch!

Anonymous said...

You look great!! yay for the 3rd trimester!

Jen said...

I don't know how I missed all of your baby updates. How wonderful! When are you due? (I was without a computer for some time, so I'm thinking this is probably why.) Oh the kids must be so excited. I love the photo your son made of the /smily face.

Jen

Michelle said...

You look amazing...I can't believe I missed all of these baby update posts. I was wondering how you were doing :0)

Can't wait to see a picture of you sweet little girl...when is your due date???