Friday, June 10, 2011

C's Poetry Picnic


The entire first grade presented a Poetry Picnic for family members today.  They sang songs and recited poetry; then we spent some time outside together.  It was great.  I'm so proud of C; he always does his best in school and he is a great student. 



Sun in our eyes!

I really love the book of poems he wrote over the school year.  Here is the dedication inside the book:


C wrote many poems, but this is my favorite.  The illustration is fantastic too!

The blue paper is just there to cover his name.

There is an "About the Poet" page at the end of the book.  I love what he wrote about himself:


Just to clarify, his favorite book is The Big Fat Cow That Goes Kapow by Andy Griffiths, and the second career choice he listed is "paleontologist".  He even drew a picture of himself as a paleontologist:


C has had a wonderful school year!  We are so proud of him.

8 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I love his phonetic spelling of paleontologist!

What a neat book to have as a memory from his first grade year!

Jenny said...

So cute! I love how he sounded out paleontologist! His handwriting is so good.

Christy Killoran said...

Our school district uses Handwriting Without Tears - I think it's a great program!

Kelly said...

I love stuff like this. He did such a nice job.
Little Wonders' Days

Ticia said...

Ha! I totally see paleontologist now that you say that. Love his illustrations, he always puts so much character into them.

Sherri said...

This is such a cute and unique idea for the class to do! I LOVE IT! Of course I LOVE PICNICS!!! What an adorable book! Once again you look FANTASTIC...YOUR BEAUTIFUL!!!

Susana said...

This is a wonderful post. I love the picture of you and C.

He did such a good job Christy on his poems. His handwriting is fabulous too, as well as his spelling! He is such a smart boy.

Hanna's 5K did this same thing, and I still treasure that book. Funny too, I was a little more pregnant than you are right now with Joe at her picnic :-). I love thinking back on memories, and having these posts and pictures make them stay alive forever.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

C is such a terrific kid! I can definitely see him as an artist when he grows up - his illustrations are awesome.