Sunday, December 18, 2011

Candy Cane Popcorn


We had a movie night yesterday.  C, R, and I watched Prep & Landing.  It was funny, but only 22 minutes long!!!  I know I could have discovered that by simply reading the running time on the case, but I didn't.  When you plan for a movie night, 22 minutes just doesn't cut it.  Oh well.

To go along with the movie, I made candy cane popcorn.  C and R loved crushing the candy canes.






Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
  • 4 ounces vanilla-flavored confectioners' coating, or Candiquick
  • 6 peppermint candy canes, crushed

Directions

  1. Pop the popcorn and place into a large bowl. Melt the confectioners' coating according to the package directions.
  2. Pour the melted coating over the popcorn, and sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the mixture. Using your hands, work the candy coating and crushed candy canes all through the popcorn.



I thought it was delicious, but C and R didn't like it; I ended up making them a batch of regular popcorn.  Luckily, T thought the candy cane popcorn was good - otherwise, I would have eaten the whole bowl myself!

6 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

After you mentioned this in your comment last night, I googled around for a recipe, when I didn't see it here, and found one similar, but with melted white chocolate chips instead of Candiquick - it looked pretty good, too :)

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy!! Sammy isn't a fan of candy canes either! I would have sat next to you and ate some. while putting in a 2nd movie ;-)

Sherri said...

I have not heard of this before...sounds delicious! I love when we make good treats that no one likes but me! :)

Ticia said...

I love candied popcorn, but I'm the only one in my house who likes it, such a shame.

MaryAnne said...

This sounds yummy! Wonder if my kids would like it?

Susana said...

Glad you and T had fun with it! I'd wanted to make this before Christmas and never got around to it. Maybe I'll do it one night this week before the holidays are officially over.