Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gingerbread Mouse, Cookies, and Waffles


I recently mentioned the book Gingerbread Mouse by Katy Bratun in another post.  It is a very sweet book about a little mouse that loses her home, and upon searching for a new home she finds a gingerbread house to live in.  On Christmas Eve, Santa surprises her with a more permanent dwelling.

At the end of the book, there is a recipe for gingerbread cookies.  We were very happy with the recipe; the cookies have just enough spice for kids.

We recommend the book and the recipe!





We also enjoyed our favorite gingerbread waffles this week.  We ate them while watching The Elf on the Shelf on television - the waffles were delicious and the show was very sweet!



I love all things gingerbread; this has been a fun theme!  I look forward to it every year!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum gingerbread waffles.. I think I need to make these this weekend! Those cookies look tasty! We are decorating cookies with friends today :-)

MaryAnne said...

That book sounds adorable - good to know you like the recipe, too! I love all the fun activities you are doing with your kids to get ready for Christmas!

Kelly said...

Oh yum! Everything looks delicious. We've never read Gingerbread Mouse. I'm going to look for it for when we do our gingerbread house or cookies.
Little Wonders' Days

Sherri said...

I love all things gingerbread too! I'm always looking for good Christmas books! Thanks for the recommendation!

Ticia said...

Have you read Mortimer Mouse and the Christmas Manger? It's so cute, and that book made me think of it.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Gingerbread waffles sound really good!

Jenny said...

Maybe I should watch the Elf on the Shelf movie?

That mouse book looks cute. I love mice stuff. Cute, dressed up mice...not real ones!

Susana said...

You are AWESOME, really!! The cookies turned out perfect. Those are so hard for me to make for some reason. I bet the waffles were yummy too.

Your kids are having a blast so far!