Sunday, December 11, 2011

Milk and Cookies with Santa at the Zoo


We have been going to the zoo for milk and cookies with Santa for a few years now.  I think it was better a few years ago, but the kids still seemed to enjoy it.  Santa was a little disheveled and I think he should gain some weight so that he fills out the suit before Christmas!








Santa spent a few minutes talking to the kids about their Christmas wishes.  He may look silly, but he was very nice.  This was K's first experience with Santa; I was happy that she didn't cry.


The nice thing about this program is that the zoo is pretty empty this time of year, and we were able to see all of the animals, ride the carousel, and go on a train ride without any crowds.  The weather was decent too!





This is K during the train ride.  I love the drool!

I don't usually take pictures of the animals because I did that once and realized that no one wants to look at pictures of zoo animals, but C and R thought it was hysterical that this chicken escaped from the fenced in area.


Overall, it was a great day at the zoo.

9 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Those gingerbread photo stands are fantastic - I might have to make some of those just for our yard :)

Ticia said...

I struggle with pictures of the zoo animals too. It's so tempting to take them, but you're right no one wants to see them. I keep having plans of using them for SOMETHING!

MaryAnne said...

I love pictures of zoo animals, as long as they look reasonably happy! Maybe I'm just overly fond of zoos...

This looks like a fun zoo outing!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This last picture of K is fantastic. It sounds like a great trip. Anna has absolutely no desire to see Santa :)

Sherri said...

That is super fun!
I need to check and see if our zoo has Christmas fun!?

Kelly said...

Wow, it looks so fun. I'll have to check with our zoo, but I don't think they do much for the holidays.
Little Wonders' Days

Jenny said...

LOL about Santa. He does look a bit out of sorts. That's cool that he was nice though.

Oh and I used to take pics of the animals every single time, until I realized that I never printed them. LOL! Now I just take a pic if Abby wants me to.

That's funny about the chicken.

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip to the zoo! I so wish we had a zoo close to us!

Susana said...

All that matters is that Santa was nice and the kids liked him :-). You got some wonderful pictures of the kids on this day. K is just so pretty.

I'm with Mary Anne (again)...I like pics of zoo animals too :-). But, maybe it's just because I like taking them--LOL.