Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Neighborly Love


I love the book Willow and the Snow Day Dance by Denise Brennan-Nelson.  As a matter of fact, I love it so much that I am having trouble returning it to the library.  I don't want to give it back!

Willow moves into a new neighborhood and through her kindness and thoughtfulness, she manages to open the minds and hearts of others and bring happiness to a lonely neighbor's life.

After reading the book, we decided it was a good time to put together treats for our neighbors.  C and R loved delivering sugared pecans, Christmas dipped pretzels with candy cane sprinkles, and Christmas shaped krispy treats.



7 comments:

Jenny said...

That sounds like a cute book. Yummy looking treats too!

Sherri said...

I love your treats and I am excited to check the book out!

Ticia said...

Christmas dipped pretzels are yummy.

MaryAnne said...

Those are lovely neighbor gifts! The book sounds great, too!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I have to look for this book - sounds interesting!

Anonymous said...

What great treat for your neighbors. You could live next to me anytime :-)

Susana said...

I've never heard of this book, but it sounds wonderful. I love the activity you did to go along with it too for your neighbors. I bet the kids did have lots of fun delivering all they helped make.