Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tree Decorating Party


The tree decorating fun began on Friday after school.  I made a special snack.  I used Santa and tree picks (Target) for the fruit, and I dipped pretzels in melted red and green chocolate and then sprinkled them (before the chocolate hardens) with crushed candy canes and sprinkles.




C and R decorated the little trees with stickers and then moved on to this tree:

I used green masking tape to make the tree.

This is still a work in progress, but I love it so far.


Next, they decorated the little trees they have for their bedrooms.




Finally, on Saturday morning, C and R went with Dad to pick out a real tree.  We left it in the garage over night and decorated it on Sunday morning.


We read 

 Little Tree, poem by e.e. cummings, story and paintings by chris raschka.  The poem is a tribute to a tiny Christmas tree, and it inspired this lovely story about a little tree that dreams of holiday stardom.  We own this book because I fell in love with it a few years ago and knew it was a book we had to own.

10 comments:

Ticia said...

I'm finding out about all sorts of dollar aisle crafts I need to get. This looks like so much fun.

Sherri said...

I love it! We have been in Iowa and haven't put a tree up yet...but we are having fun with our friends and all of their trees! :)

Anonymous said...

That snack looks super tasty!! The window tree is looking great! Love your real tree too :-)

MaryAnne said...

I LOVE the window tree!!! We have some little craft foam trees to decorate - I need to remember to pull them out!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I love the tape tree on the window - what a good idea!

Annette W. said...

Clever tree!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

The window tree is a brilliant idea! I have to see if I convince Lars to do it too. Your real tree looks awesome too.

Susana said...

Your tree decorating treats are so creative. They turned out great--so festive.

I love all of the trees they decorated. What a fun weekend.

I remembered R's pink tree and I LOVE it!

Kelly said...

You've been busy yourself!! I love their snack and R's pink tree. She is looking so grown up these days!
Little Wonders' Days

Jenny said...

What a fun weekend! I love your green masking tape tree idea!

The trees all look awesome!