Monday, December 5, 2011

Twelve Weeks


K has been sucking on her fingers a lot lately.  Right after she was born, she was sucking on her finger but didn't find her finger again until recently.  On Friday morning, she was playing on her mat and I could hear her sucking on her finger; the next thing I knew, she was asleep!  This happened again on Saturday.  I love that she is able to soothe herself.

R found comfort the same way as a baby.  She always put herself to sleep and was content as long as she had her finger in her mouth.  The problem with this is that she still puts her finger in her mouth, and her teeth are paying the price.


K adores her biggest brother.   Often when she is fussy, I will hand her to him and she is suddenly content.  I think it is so sweet to see them together.


8 comments:

Ticia said...

Oh, that picture of K sucking her finger is priceless.

MaryAnne said...

Love the photos in this post! T and K are so sweet together!

If it makes you feel any better about R's teeth, Emma never sucked her hand/fist/finger/binkie/etc, but she STILL has what they call "thumb sucker's palate", and a pretty bad case of it!

Debbie said...

That picture of K sucking her finger reminds me of when Selena rediscovered her thumb. I love the pictures of T with her. She is one lucky little girl to have such a loving family.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Those pictures with T are so sweet - K is going to cheris those when she's older.

Sherri said...

None of my kids will take fingers or binkies..which I guess is good later, but it nice for them to be able to sooth themselves while little! I always try to get them to take a binkie!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Love that picture of K with her biggest brother! :-)

Susana said...

Oh, Christy, K looks like an angel in that first picture sleeping. She is so pretty and looks so much like R to me. It is amazing to me how siblings do some of the same things. Hanna had a pacifier that someone, ahem, let her keep way too long and her teeth suffered for it too. They got much better over a couple years, but she will be getting braces within the next 6 mths to a year. She just lost her last baby tooth a few weeks ago :(.

I LOVE every single picture you post of K and T. Something about a teenage sibling holding, loving and helping to care for a baby that just touches me.

Jenny said...

I'm so behind. I forgot that since you went private, I wouldn't get the feeds anymore. Oops!

I love these pics. That is so cute that K is sucking her fingers to soothe herself. I sucked my thumb until age 7 or 8 and my teeth were not effected.

The pics of T and K are adorable. How special!