Saturday, July 28, 2012

Forts and Sewing and Tie Dye - OH MY!

Wow, I had no idea how long the days would seem without Tom here.  I miss his company.  I'm glad he will be home soon.  He did get to see some of the men's bike race today, and I think it is awesome that he saw an Olympic event, even if they drove by and the whole thing was over in an instant!

Today, I woke up to find Collin sitting up watching the Olympics at 5:15 this morning!  He was so excited to be watching the bike race because he knew Dad was watching it in London!

The rest of our day included making a fort,




a visit from Papa and Grandma,





sewing with Grandma,

playing hidden picture addition at aplusmath.com (more summer homework),


playing Twister,




dancing in the rain,




using Kool Aid to tie dye tee shirts (I will post the results tomorrow),




learning how to braid,


a glow in the dark bath tub,



They were excited to put on bathing suits and jump in the glowing tub!




some reading,

and another camp out in the living room.

Phew!

Oh, and if you are wondering if Tyler is having any fun, he spent all day yesterday with his girlfriend, and went to a friend's house today.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

What a day! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun!

Ticia said...

Which I'm guessing he found plenty fun :)
Pillow forts are so much fun!

Susana said...

Wow, I cannot believe all that you are able to do with your kids, especially throwing Kate in the mix, Christy! I still feel so overwhelmed every single day and I wish I could just get a fraction of this fun done with my kids!

MaryAnne said...

What a great day!

Hard to believe you have a kid with a girlfriend - what an adventure that must be!

Sherri said...

Those forts look great!
I surprised my crew with a glow in the dark bath a few weeks ago...the screams of glee were unbelievable!
twister?? I need to get that game out, the kids would love it!

girlfriend? oh my! I'm not ready! :)

Anonymous said...

ohh my goodness the bath looks like so much fun!

Kelly said...

How fun! Thank goodness for grandparents! It has to be hard with 4 and no husband home to help. It looks like you're all having a great time though.
Kelly at LIttle Wonders' Days

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow, you are so full of energy! I cannot imagine doing half as much in a single day!