Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week In Review


Tyler had football camp in Portsmouth this week from 8 until 12 and then went to tennis camp three of those days from 1 to 3.  I think it was more tiring for me than it was for him!

Tom left for London on Thursday afternoon.  He is visiting a friend from college for a few days.

Since Dad left, Collin and Reagan have made Klutz Window Art (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Klutz products),







had some volcano fun,


made 3-2-1 microwave cakes that became 


volcanoes,



made sculptures with marshmallows and toothpicks (this was mostly because Collin is working on his summer math packet and this was one of the possible activities - I can't believe he has homework over the summer!),



used scratch and sniff stickers to make menus they used for playing restaurant,



Kelly likes the scratch and sniff stickers!!!!!

made mini s'mores,





watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and looked for flags (the kids were very excited about this, but the novelty quickly wore off and I ended up trying to complete the sheets - we missed six),


and camped out in the living room (they love to do this, me - I prefer a bed!, but I stayed downstairs and slept on the couch to be with them).

It's a good thing Dad doesn't go away very often, because I don't think I could keep up this pace!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew what a week! We had fun watching the opening ceremonies last night!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

There's nothing like it for promoting order and balance, than a husband in the house :)

MaryAnne said...

What an awesome week for the kids - and exhausting for you! I can't believe Collin has homework over the summer.

That Klutz window art kit looks fantastic!

Ticia said...

I'm with you Klutz books are awesome!

Jenny said...

Fun! I would probably go insane if Dave was gone for a few days. The longest he's been gone is 24 hours.

I love scratch and sniff stickers, LOL about Kelly liking them.

So the school sent homework home for the Summer? That's not fair at all!

Susana said...

You are AWESOME! Seriously, I need to step up my game! If my kids saw all of this they would probably cry :-). Really though, y'all had a great week and did so many fun things. I love the suncatchers and the volcano cake--play doh volcano too. I remember when Hanna used to make those Klutz suncatchers!

Sherri said...

Now that is one week of all fun!

Kelly said...

Fun!!! I love your idea for scratch and sniff stickers.
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days