Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Melted Bead Sun Catchers


We followed the directions at The Artful Parent to make melted bead sun catchers.

The top row was designed by Reagan and the bottom row was designed by Collin.

First, Collin and Reagan arranged translucent pony beads in a muffin pan.  When they were happy with their designs, I put the pan in a 400 degrees oven for approximately twenty minutes.


All of them popped out easily after cooling for just a few minutes.

The original directions called for drilling a hole in the sun catchers to hang them, but I just put a dab of hot glue and stuck a string in the glue on one side of the sun catcher.






Collin doubted me on this project, but both kids love the finished product and want to do this again!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I didn't know you could just melt beads! We'll have to try it!

MaryAnne said...

So pretty! We definitely need to try this!!!

Anonymous said...

What fun! These turned out beautiful!

Susana said...

This is really cool! I think we'll have to try this one for sure! Thanks for the idea. Yours are really pretty.

Ticia said...

I've seen these floating around the web and they're so pretty.