Friday, July 20, 2012

Week In Review

R participated in a basketball camp this week.  The camp was supposed to be held Monday through Friday from 8:30-12:00, but on Thursday there was a leak in the roof of the gym and basketball was cancelled.  They moved basketball to outdoor courts for today and it rained!  So, she went three days, but that was enough for her anyway!  She also went to a friend's house on Wednesday afternoon and to another friend's house on Thursday.

C had a friend over on Wednesday and a different friend over today.

Summer piano lessons began for C yesterday.  In the summer, the lessons have more theory.  His piano teacher said that C is going to be starting a new book soon and that will be his last piano book.  After that, C will work on different pieces rather than instruction from a book.

C has also enjoyed playing with Snap Circuits Jr.



C read this book in one day.


He loved it!  Auntie Karen gave him the first book in the series; this is the second book.  We are waiting for the third book to come in at the library.

C and R wrote letters to their teachers.



They had a tennis lesson in the rain this morning.




T had his second week of tennis camp and continued working out with the football team and with the personal trainer.  I will make sure I take pictures of him next week!

We also celebrated Grandma Susan's birthday.  I made a lemon poppyseed cake and we got ice cream from Somerset Creamery.




K was so cute with Great Grandpa - very sweet.

The weekend is here!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew what a week! I love the pictures of C and R at tennis lessons! I remember my tennis lessons from when I was C's age and just loved it!

Sherri said...

I love that your kids are involved in sports and music! I need to do better on music! C is a good reader...and writer...I'm impressed! He must have a good mom?! ;)
The cake looks delicious!!!

MaryAnne said...

Your lemon poppyseed cake sounds and looks amazing.

My kids haven't done any camps - hopefully next summer!

Ticia said...

That reminds me I need to get out our snap circuits again.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You have a lot of sports activities this summer! I am impressed how much R wrote to her teacher. I am fighting with Anna to write 3 measly sentences!