Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I love everything about Thanksgiving.  It's so nice to have a day to concentrate on all that we are thankful for, and just enjoy good food and being together.  No presents, nothing fancy, just tradition and togetherness.
Reagan made this turkey in art.  I LOOOOVE it!
Reagan loves to help me bake.  Last week she said, "Mom, I know what your favorite hobby is, baking with your kids!".  She is so right!  I'm not the best baker; I can't make anything fancy or too complicated, but I love to make special treats with the kids.  It's one of those things that they still love to do, and I know we will remember these moments forever!    


This book and the recipe in it for cranberry bread have become a Thanksgiving tradition.  

On Wednesday, Collin and Reagan had a half day of school.  Collin's class had a feast and Reagan's class had a party (the difference is important to them).  They helped me bake for the special day.  We made pumpkin bread for Collin's class and corn muffins for Reagan's class.



This afternoon, we went to Grandma Susan's house for a wonderful Thanksgiving feast.

Collin, Reagan and I made turkey cupcakes.

I also made pecan pie and whipped sweet potatoes with caramelized apples.

We had a great time at Grandma's and it was nice to see everyone.














When we came home, we read the notes in our Thankful Box.  We have so very much to be thankful for!  I am thinking of using clear contact paper to turn the notes into placemats.


Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

That turkey Reagan made is very cool!

I love all the pictures in this post - great family times!

Sherri said...

Looks like the perfect Thanksgiving!
I am soooo happy to be home and able to get on your blog! I miss reading it! I never can access it from the ipad! :(
Love all the turkeys!
You have a fantastic family!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy Thanksgiving - you are truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving you had!! I LOVE Reagan's turkey!! It is so cute!!

Ticia said...

I love the matching dresses! What a great Thanksgiving!