Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Return of Kate

Yesterday was the first day in a week that Kate was back to herself.  The whole week that Kate was sick, she was very angry, cranky, and unable to be comforted.  I held her so much over the last week that my hips and back are still sore.  There was one day that the only way I could keep her calm was to run the vacuum CONSTANTLY.

During this sickness, she would not wave or blow kisses or play or dump out the contents of my drawers and cabinets; she wouldn't do any of the things that are part of who she is right now.  This worried me so much.  I know that it is normal for a child who does not feel well to act out of sorts and not feel like playing, but I still worried.  Most of my worry stemmed from the fact that Kate had a flu shot two days before she got sick.  I am a strong proponent of immunizations and flu shots, but I always worry for a few days after my children have shots.  I hope and pray that they do not have any kind of negative reaction.  So, when Kate got sick and just wasn't herself right after her flu shot, I couldn't help but worry about a connection.  I was thrilled yesterday when she woke up happy and seemed to be herself again.  She played, waved, blew kisses, smiled, and made a lot of messes!

One of Kate's favorite things to do right now is put straws in lids.  She spent a good chunk of time doing this yesterday afternoon.

She is very good at it, especially with the reusable hard plastic lids and straws.

Kate also likes this shape sorter.  She always goes right for the cylinders and usually gets them in without a problem.  The other shapes are still a challenge for her.  These pictures were taken this morning.

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am that my baby is back to herself.  I hope she makes many messes all over the house and I will happily clean them up all day!

6 comments:

MaryAnne said...

How sad that she was so sick! I'm glad she's back to her happy self.

Anonymous said...

So glad she is feeling better!!

Ticia said...

How interesting she likes the straws and lids so much.
I'm glad she's back to herself again.

Sherri said...

I don't know where my comment is? I am glad she is better! I Love happy and healthy babies! :)

Jenny said...

I am so glad she is better! Abby always gets crabby after shots, but hasn't gotten sick. I would have been worried too.

Jenny said...

Oh and my nephew, Matthew got seriously ill after the flu mist a few years ago. They said he can never do that again. He has to get the shot. Needless to say, we all get the shot now.