Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sickness, Candy, and Leaves


The end of the week seemed to go by really slow because Kate was sick and SO. VERY. ANGRY. about being sick.  She had a very low fever for five days.  I brought her in to see the pediatrician yesterday, and her ears, throat, and lungs were all clear.  Today, a rash appeared on her stomach and back, so we think it was probably Roseola.  She is also getting three teeth and has a runny nose, so that explains why she has been so angry!  She is on the mend though.  Also, between her not feeling great and the time change, she was in bed before six o'clock tonight.  It will be interesting to see how early she wakes up, assuming that she sleeps the whole night!

To earn a few pieces of Halloween candy today, I told Collin and Reagan they had to put all of their candy in alphabetical order.  They thought this was fun!

See those huge scratches on the coffee table?  We didn't have the coffee table a week before Kelly jumped across it and gouged it.  Sigh.  I don't really notice it anymore, but it is very noticeable in this picture.  
We have a box of candy ready to send to soldiers via Operation Shoebox.  I will be happy to get it in the mail tomorrow!


Reagan has always been a Memory champion.  We played twice last night and she won both times.

Today was a quiet, lazy day for the most part, but we did clean up a lot of leaves.  







Kate loved being outside in the middle of all of the action.  It was a nice day to be outside.

I am excited that November is here.  I love the holiday season!  

6 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

They think alphabetizing is fun? Future librarians!

Sherri said...

I am going to have to buy a rake...our new home is creating a ton of leaves...so we will have to have a clean up day as well!
I am following in your footsteps, I have decided to make my blog private!
I would love to have you follow..so I will add you as a reader, could you email your address...I'm sure I have it...but just to make sure I have the right one!

Jenny said...

Fun idea to put the candy in alphabetical order!

Bummer about Kate being sick. I'm glad she's better now.

Anonymous said...

I love the alphabetical order fun! I hope Kate is feeling better!!

MaryAnne said...

I love November, and the holidays it brings!

Ticia said...

I like the idea of putting the candy in alphabetical order.

Reading this in reverse order I already know she's better, but it's still a shame she had a fever for 5 days.