Saturday, August 6, 2011

Baby Update - 35 weeks

I am HUGE!  Look at how puffy my face is, not the most flattering photo!
Even with the discomforts of the third trimester, I am still enjoying this pregnancy.  The baby is pretty active, and I love feeling her move throughout the day.  All of my prenatal appointments have gone well, and there have not been any concerns.

I have quite a bit of heartburn, some leg pain that is probably due to sciatica, and I seem to be awake more than I am asleep at night lately, but none of these things bother me much.  It's all worth it in the end!

My only real craving has been ice cubes!  I think this is the weirdest craving ever.  I chew ice all day long.  The funny thing is that I typically don't put ice in my water; I prefer room temperature water, but lately I can't get enough ice.  My husband jokes that he always knows where I am in the house because he can hear the ice jingling in my glass!

Everything is ready!  The baby will sleep in our room (much easier for breastfeeding) for a few months, so everything is set up in there.  All of the necessities have been purchased, washed, and organized.  Most importantly, the car seat was installed by our local police department.  There are several officers who undergo special training (I believe it is forty hours of training!) to learn how to properly install car seats.  We have always had them install our car seats, and I will not let anyone remove the seat until it's time for a new one!  Oh, I haven't packed my hospital bag yet - so, I guess I have to do that over the next few days.

My hope is that I do not have to be induced for this baby.  I was induced for T (because of preeclampsia) and for R (because the doctor was concerned about her size), and my labor and delivery for them was not as enjoyable as my labor and delivery for C who arrived without induction.  I already expressed this desire to my OB/GYN.  She actually laughed because I referred to my labor and delivery with C as being more "enjoyable" than the other two - I guess she isn't used to people describing the experience as "enjoyable".  I'm not saying that labor and delivery is easy or fun (not saying that at all), but I really do enjoy the experience - I think it is truly amazing that our bodies are capable of doing what they do!

I do not expect this baby to arrive before the due date (September 9th), but I will continue to post any updates here.

17 comments:

Miller Moments said...

my goodness time flies! It seems like just yesterday you announced your pregnancy and now you are ready to welcome your sweet baby into the world soon. Best wishes to you and a quick and easy delivery too!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Ice is a good low calorie craving. That baby is growing - but you look great!

Debbie said...

Glad to hear everything with the pregnancy is going good. I do know what you mean when you say labor and delivery being enjoyable. I feel the same way about when I had my children. I still look back to when Selena was born, mom was induced, and had a epidural, I still can't imagine sleeping through the entire labor like she did.

Christy Killoran said...

@Debbie - I can't imagine that either - I don't have epidurals because I had a bad reaction to the one I had for T.

Annette W. said...

I'm guessing the angle of the photo doesn't help your face to look as thin as it is. I think you look great!

Our pregnancies sound similar...uneventful, heartburn, and sleepless. Not bad, huh? :)

I had many (9 months, physical therapy, and a surgery) worth of complications from M's delivery...and I was induced. My doctor with E felt that without induction, I wouldn't experience those same problems or need a Csection...and he was right.

Kelly said...

How exciting to be this far along! It sounds like you're pretty ready for her arrival. You look wonderful too!
Little Wonders' Days

Ticia said...

One of my friends had really weird cravings and her doctor prescribed ice to chew on. He said go down to Sonic and buy a 5 pound bag of ice, and it really helped her.

But like Leah said, for things to crave ice isn't all that bad. Mine was chips and salsa, oh and steak with the boys.

Peterson Party said...

When my mother-in-law was pregnant, she craved ice and her doctor said that was because she was low on iron. Not sure how that makes sense, but that's what he told her.
So exciting that you'll have a baby next month!!!

Anonymous said...

ooo I think you look great!! :-) I hope you don't have to get induced either!! I did with Sammy and it was MISERABLE!

Goat Gal said...

We have so much in common! I am 35 weeks pregnant with a girl and I can not get enough ice either!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love this picture! Can't believe that you are getting so close - I hope your little girl stays put until her due date.

Vanessa (Housewives Inc) said...

I'm so looking forward to reading your posts after the little one arrives (and comparing notes!!). I'm due the week before you.... I was induced last time too, (Little Moo was 10 days overdue) but didn't have any problems, and still had a natural delivery (waterbirth) as planned with no drugs. I'm hoping on a similar delivery MINUS the induction please!! I keep hearing from everyone that things should be quicker and easier this time. Fingers crossed for both of us xx

Jenny said...

You look great! I hope you don't have to be induced either. It really changes the labor and makes everything more intense.

I have to say my labor wasn't too bad. I wasn't induced, but did have horrific back labor. I opted for the epidural at 8 cm, because of it and I'm glad I did. I was much more alert and calm.

I can't believe how fast time has gone by!

Susana said...

I hope you don't have to be induced either, and I did not remember that you don't get epidurals!! You are such a 'good sport' about all of this stuff--the whole pregnancy--and yes, it is so worth it in the end. I can only imagine how excited you are to meet and hold your new baby. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see what your sweet girl looks like.

I hope these last few weeks are good ones for you and lead up to a healthy delivery for you and your baby! OH, did you ever decide on a name??

Sherri said...

You look fantastic...and beautiful! I crave ice too...when pregnant...which is funny also, for the same reason, I drink room temp water too! =) My favorite ice is the hospital ice, which I can only get at one convenient store, and it's 40 min. away. A worthy trip to a preggo wife! =) My last pregnancy I priced how much one of those ice machines was....$6000+! I'll have to drive 40 min.!

Unknown said...

If I could, I would ship you a bag of Sonic Pellet Ice to help you out in the cravings department...you deserve it!

(Oh, and by the way, I could only have DREAMED to have looked as nice as you do during my 3rd trimester- you are truly "all baby"- BEAUTIFUL!!!)

Brimful Curiosities said...

Finally catching up with blogs after a break. You do look absolutely wonderful! I have to agree with your comments that natural is more enjoyable. I waited it out with my second, and labored mostly at home, went to the hospital and delivered in an hour. I felt fantastic afterward (seriously) - huge difference than when I had an epidural with the first. Enjoy those last few weeks - hard to believe you have less than a month left!