Thursday, August 25, 2011

Big Brother and Big Sister Presents

With each new addition to the family, I have always presented the older sibling(s) with a gift from the new sibling.  I think it makes the older sibling(s) feel special at a time when everyone is focusing their attention on the new baby!

T, C, and R will receive their gifts when they meet their new sister for the first time.  Typing that last sentence got me so excited - I can't believe my due date is only two weeks away!


C (age 7) will receive a Spiderman Color-Fillz kit and a Hallmark dog wearing a shirt that says, "Fun Big Brother".


R (age 5) will receive a Hallmark bunny with a ballet outfit that says, "Sweet Big Sister," and a mini Moby doll carrier.


T will receive an itunes gift card - he's fourteen!

This is such an exciting time for our family!

12 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Looks like you picked out the perfect gifts for each child! I hope these next two weeks go well for you, and can't wait to "meet" your new baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Looks like perfect big brother and big sister gifts! :)

Jennifer said...

PERFECT gift choices!!! And two weeks!!! Praying all goes smoothly for you!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a great idea! I am sure everyone is really excited about the new sister. I can't wait to meet her too :)

Annette W. said...

Hmm...I need to make this happen, though I have been planning to for a long time.

It doesn't help that our baby is due within a couple days of each kids' birthday. Gifts galore!!

I didn't know about Hallmark's big bro/sis animals. Perfect!

Sherri said...

I love the gifts...I try to give my kids something with the new ones come too. I like how you included even your oldest one...that is important...and a great reminder for me!
2 weeks away!
WOW!!! It's coming fast...maybe not to you...these last few weeks can seem long!

Debbie said...

Looks like the perfect gifts. I love the idea, so many times the new baby receives so much and the older siblings end up left out. I just can hardly believe we only have to wait 2 more weeks to meet your daughter. Time flies. So exciting!

Jenny said...

Great gifts! I'm so excited for you!

Ticia said...

I can't wait to meet her! Looks like the perfect presents.

Brimful Curiosities said...

We did that too when my second was born. Makes it more special to somehow include the older siblings in on the event.

momandkiddo said...

I made sure to do this, too. Kiddo was definitely more interested in his gift than in his baby brother, however. LOL.

Kelly said...

I'm so excited for you!

Little Wonders' Days