Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Bucket List - Sun Tea


I love sun tea.  It takes a few hours, but the flavor is wonderful.  We made some decaf sun tea this week using the same recipe we used last summer.

We placed six decaf black tea bags in a pitcher and added two quarts of cold, filtered water.  Then, we put the covered pitcher out in the sun for about four hours, moving it when necessary to keep it in the direct sunlight.

Once the time had lapsed, we poured the tea over ice and added a few lemon wedges for a delicious, refreshing summertime beverage!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum we will have to try that this summer!

Ticia said...

I've been meaning to do that also. Thanks for reminding me. It's certainly hot enough here to do that successfully.

MaryAnne said...

It looks so pretty, too!

Debbie said...

Sun Tea is the only way I can drink tea. It's the best!

Kelly said...

Oh, it looks so good. I love iced tea in the summer. Here in the south you put lots of sugar in it :) I generally use agave nectar now though.
Little Wonders' Days

Sherri said...

I am excited to try your decaf tea...thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

I remember you all making this last year. Cool idea, except I hate tea. LOL!

momandkiddo said...

I don't normally make sun tea, but I make iced herbal tea for my husband who doesn't like water (I'm mean and don't buy soda). I like it because I don't have to add sugar. I should try making it via the sun tea method and see if it's even better.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

That looks so simple! Perhaps I can still catch some sun when we return from our trip.