Friday, August 5, 2011

Daffodil Pinwheels for Wales


T spent two days in Wales this week.  The daffodil is the national flower of Wales, so I made a few daffodil pinwheels for C and R using a template from DLTK.


The pinwheels didn't really spin that well, but they looked pretty sitting on the table as we read The Island of Fairies, a story from Wales.  This story can be found in the book, Around the World in 80 Tales.  This treasury features traditional tales from six continents, and I am happy that we own a copy.  The tales are typically two pages long and so far, we have enjoyed those that we have read.  It's a fun way to explore the world.

I want to thank everyone who left comments wishing T a safe journey.  He is having a wonderful time, and learning a lot about the United Kingdom.  He has done so many amazing things, for example while he was in Wales, he abseiled 70 feet off a tower wall at Penrhyn Castle!!!!  He also reported that he ate haggis, and loved it!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Those turned out so nice. I'll have to remember those for spring. I'm glad all is well with his trip. I'm sure you're missing him.
Little Wonders' Days

Amanda said...

Oh I love the flowers! How cute!

MaryAnne said...

I don't know many people who LOVE haggis! Although, the vegetarian version can be quite tasty =)

It sounds like T is having a once-in-a-lifetime experience that he will treasure forever. Love the pinwheels, too!

Ticia said...

I love daffodils, they're so pretty.

Glad to hear he's enjoying his trip!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We took this book from the library once, but Anna is not a big fan of fairy tales. I am glad that C has a fantastic time in UK!

April said...

I love books that have tales from around the world...I am so happy that T is getting all of the exciting experiences!

Debbie said...

Maybe the pinwheels didn't work too well, but the daffodils are beautiful. Glad to hear that T is having such a great time.

Sherri said...

these turned out awesome! I love that the kids are doing activities at home, that make them feel close to their older brother! =)