Friday, October 14, 2011

Angry Birds Snack


I have managed to fall in love with Pinterest, and that is where I saw this cute sandwich idea.  My kids, and my husband, all seem to think Angry Birds is the greatest thing, so I had to make this treat.  The original (by Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons) is much cuter, with a piece of an orange for the beak, but I didn't have any oranges so I just used bread.

To make this, I used two circles of bread with peanut butter in the middle and strawberry jelly on top.  The feathers are pieces of bread with jelly.  Mini marshmallows with chocolate chips stuck in them made the eyes. I used raisins for the other details.  R loved it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this turned out super cute!!

Susana said...

Cute picture of R! I bet they did love this! Jamie and the kids are all obsessed with that silly game here too. I've wanted to make this for a while too--yours turned out adorable. Pinterest is the best :-)!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That is cute!

Ticia said...

I think it's adorable. My boys have gotten into angry birds. I figure I don't need ANOTHER time sink.....

Debbie said...

Those look yummy. Why oh why can't Selena enjoy fun foods like this? She wouldn't like the jelly.

MaryAnne said...

I can't get over the fact that you are catapulting animals in Angry Birds, but this is still a cute snack!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Oh, I love the picture of R devouring this snack! Very cute. Anna played Angry Birds a few times, but lost interest pretty quickly.

Jenny said...

That is so cute. Abby loves Angry Birds.

Sherri said...

Your the BEST creative mom EVER!!!

Allison said...

Hey there! Allison over at godansker.com. I, too, am addicted to Pinterest AND did you see on there that you can actually set up your backyard with Angry Birds games? You take cardboard boxes, make little pigs, and then make little birds to hurl at it to try to knock them down. HYSTERICAL. Hope you can find it on there and enjoy!