Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monster Mouth Snack


A friend of mine from college posted these cute treats on Facebook, and I could not resist making them!


First I baked chocolate chip cookies.  Once they were cool, I cut them in half.


I used red icing along the front part of the cookie; the original recipe has red frosting.  The frosting will look cleaner, but the icing is fun for a gory look.



Then, I placed the mini marshmallows on the icing and used white icing to attach almond slivers or candy corn for fangs.



Finally, I put more red icing on the other half of the cookie and placed it on top.



The original recipe can be found at Very Best Baking.

10 comments:

MaryAnne said...

The perfect Halloween treat!

Kelly said...

You're coming up with the most fun Halloween treats!
Little Wonders' Days

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Looks yummy even though it's a slightly less wholesome that the version with apple slices :)

Ticia said...

My boys would love this! Now would I remember........

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Those are very scary looking cookies!

Anonymous said...

Cute and scary snack!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Fun and cute! Love them!!

Kerri

Jenny said...

Those are freaky looking, but perfect for Halloween! I love candy corn and I bet it tastes yummy with chocolate chip cookies!

Sherri said...

These are the best monster mouths I have seen! Love it!

Susana said...

I've seen these with apples and they were tempting, but seeing them with choc chip cookies makes them irresistible! This may have to be squeezed in over the weekend--thanks for sharing this!