Monday, October 17, 2011

Five Weeks


K went to the doctor for her one month well visit on Friday.  The nurse said K has the funniest hair she has ever seen and then called her "Fuzzy"!  K weighed 11 pounds, 1 ounce and measured 22 3/4 inches; she gained more than two pounds and grew one inch since birth.  K has outgrown her newborn clothes and is now wearing size 3 months - she eats constantly, so I am not surprised by any of this.  When I told the doctor that I breastfeed exclusively and do not use bottles, her response was, "What if Dad wants to feed her?".  I thought that was a weird question.  I simply responded by saying that we have always done this and Dad doesn't feel left out at all.


K attended her first parade yesterday and slept through the entire thing - she sleeps so well when there is a lot of background noise!


C and R enjoyed the parade too!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big!! I can't believe the doctor said that.. sometimes I wonder about them :-P great job mama!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That is a funny question from a doctor. I'm sure Dad will get plenty of turns once K moves on to cereal. I like her hair :)

MaryAnne said...

One of my friends was telling me just last week that she chose not to breastfeed so that others could take turns feeding their kids. There's plenty of feeding to do later on, and you could always pump!

It sounds like K is growing fantastically!

Debbie said...

I am so with you, what a comment for the doctor to make. Oh well you are doing great, she is doing great!

Jenny said...

That is an odd question from a pediatrician! I guess she's bummed you aren't taking advantage of the free formula samples she is given ;)

K is so cute. I'll have to email you a pic of the craziest hair I've seen. It's my cousin's baby!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

K looks so big already! I really enjoyed exclusive breastfeeding in the first 3 months, but transition to the pumped bottles was not easy on Anna or papa once I went back to work :)

Ludicrous Mama said...

Dad will get PLENTY of chances to feed her in 3 to 5 months, when she starts solids! In the meantime, he's still perfectly good at bonding via bathtime, bedtime stories, after-feeding snuggles, etc!
My husband only got to feed her when we HAD to use a bottle, since I wasn't making enough milk, so we'd give her everything I had pumped all day at the second to last feeding of the day, then a little formula after her last 'bedtime' feeding so she'd sleep for longer than 20-minutes so *I* could get some sleep! She wouldn't take a bottle from me! She'd just suck on my shirt!

momandkiddo said...

You should have said, "Oh we tried that, but we found his milk supply was just too low. She prefers me." :)

Sherri said...

That is funny about leaving dad out! I have never been asked that either. I am an exclusive breast feeder...and DAD is fine with it! =) I'm sure he wishes he could share in the nights up? ;)
She is beautiful!

Susana said...

Jenny's comment about the free formula is funny! Yes, that is a very odd question for sure.

K is adorable in her pretty dress, Christy! I LOVE her hair. It reminds me a little of how Jesse's was when he was so tiny.

I am so happy for you that all is going well for your family!!