Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Quesadillas


Quesadillas are so easy to transform into fun foods.  You can fill them with whatever you like and then use cookie cutters or scissors to cut them into different shapes.  For a special fall meal, I used squirrel, acorn, and leaf cookie cutters.

We followed this meal with the book, Nuts to You by Lois Ehlert.  In this book, a young boy is watching a mischievous squirrel in the city.  There is amazing art by Ehlert and a great informational section about squirrels.

12 comments:

Ticia said...

I love Lois Elhert books. I should try this with quesadillas. I do it frequently with sandwiches, but haven't ever with quesadillas.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We also love Lois Elhert books! I love that you have so much fun with food.

Jenny said...

Those are cute. That book looks cute, I'll have to see if it's at the library!

Susana said...

These are super cute, Christy! You always have such fun ideas for your kids.

I love that book! It's one of my favorite ones to read with the kids in the Fall.

Sherri said...

I have to agree...these are a favorite theme food here too! =) I love your fall meal! So much fun!

MaryAnne said...

Those are so fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sarah Sterling said...

I love the quesadilla idea. I never thought to use cookie cutters on them-my head is spinning with ideas. Plus I love all your book recommendations. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Stop by to check it out: http://lifelivedinunknown.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blog-award.html

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

It's a perfect go along for the book!

Kelly said...

These look great!
Little Wonders' Days

Jen said...

Oh fun- my kiddos love quesadillas.

Jen

Jen said...

Oh fun- my kiddos love quesadillas.

Jen

Unknown said...

My kids loved shaped quesadillas. I'll have to check that book out, it looks great.