Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spooky Cocoa


My kids love Halloween, and they really enjoy a little spooky fun!  I made them some spooky cocoa before school this morning; it was super easy and they got a kick out of it.


I cut regular marshmallows in half and stuck candy eyes on the sticky side of each marshmallow.  Then, I used the red cookie icing to make the eyes appear bloodshot.  For extra spooky fun, I added some ghost marshmallows to the hot cocoa.
You can see that R removed the marshmallows from her cocoa - she did not eat them, no surprise there!

FYI - I found the candy eyes and red icing in the baking aisle at Target.  The ghost marshmallows also came from Target - in the Halloween section.

11 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How fun! It looks like you are also enjoying some warm weather - I love R's dress.

Kelly said...

Fun! I love the spooky eyes.
Little Wonders' Days

Christy Killoran said...

@Raising a Happy Child - that is her nightgown; they are both in pajamas!!

Anonymous said...

Very fun!! Looks like they liked it! Sammy would eat R's marshmallows if she would drink his hot chocolate ;-)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very neat morning surprise! I have to look for candy eyes - the fun I could have with those :)

Susana said...

This is fun, Christy! Just bought some hot chocolate mix this week--sounds like something for the weekend here--thank you! Love the eyeballs.

Funny about R removing her marshmallows :-).

MaryAnne said...

What lucky kids!

Unknown said...

AWESOME- I will be pinning this as a reminder for an after "Trick or Treating" warm-up treat!

Jen said...

Oh so much fun! You r the best mommy ever.

Jen

Ticia said...

I need to get some Halloween marshmallows. My kids would be SO happy.

Sherri said...

LOVE THIS!!!!