Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Watercolor and Glue Leaves


C and R made more leaves to decorate our kitchen.

While they were in school, I cut leaf shapes out of coffee filters (I love using coffee filters for art projects!).



I created "veins" on each "leaf" with my glue gun.



When C and R came home, they painted the "leaves" with Faber-Castell watercolors.


R painted very colorful leaves.

These were painted by C, the traditionalist.

We followed this with the book, Count Down to Fall by Fran Hawk.  Count down from ten to one with facts about different trees.  We own this book, and it is a must read every fall.

I just have to show you 0ur sliding glass door; it is full of great projects right now!



*The idea for this art project came from Having Fun at Home.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!! I love the hot glued veins :-)

Jen said...

The window looks great with all of the kids' fall creations! :)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I'd been thinking about coffee filter leaves with the usual marker and spray bottle technique, but I love this with the glue gun!

Ticia said...

I saw a similar project on pinterest and thought it looked so cool then, and using a hot glue gun.... BRILLIANT!

MaryAnne said...

Very pretty! Just put that book on hold at our library =)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is pretty neat - the effect is great and the leaves look so very pretty!

Jenny said...

Cute! Isn't the difference between boys and girls so fun to see?!

Kelly said...

Cool! I love how they look on the window.
Little Wonders' Days

Michelle said...

I love this, looks like I need to get to the store for some glue gun sticks so we can do this on Friday with our art group!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Susana said...

Your door looks super--colorful and fun!

The glue line leaves turned out great.

I have one of these, but with pumpkins and Elmer's glue, pinned for Hanna this month. I bet she might like using her glue gun instead. Thanks for the idea!

Sherri said...

This is an awesome activity!
I am going to do this with my kiddos!