Thursday, March 13, 2014

Goodnight Moon

 Goodnight Moon is one of my favorite books to read to my children when they are young.  Our copy of the book was given to me by a friend when I was pregnant with Tyler, and it is still in great condition.  It's a great book to use for some letter M learning because there is the moon, a mouse, mittens, and mush.
Kate was happy to eat two bowls of mush (oatmeal with blueberries).  She loved that she had a red balloon just like in the book.

We also found two kittens,

three bears sitting on chairs (well, they sat on one chair),

mittens, a comb, and a brush.

We even had a cow jumping over the moon.





I gave Kate some clothespins and showed her how to clip them on to her mittens and socks, but she did not like the pins on her things.  She actually threw the clothespins aside.

Kate also made a window like the one in the book.





3 comments:

Sherri said...

I truly love to do activities that go along with a book...we haven't done anything like that this year and i miss it! I love all that you did with this sweet book!

Anonymous said...

So love the go along activities!!

MaryAnne said...

So fun! I adore this book.