Thursday, March 27, 2014

N is for Nest

Kate has croup and has not been feeling well all week, but we still managed to spend some time on the letter N.

 All three of these books have been read multiple times this week.  My favorite is Nest by Jorey Hurley.  It is a very simple book with only one word on each page, but the pictures do a wonderful job of explaining so much beyond the text.  Kate and I were able to spend a lot of time looking at the pictures and talking about what was happening.  Great book.

 Kate's favorite of the three books is In My Nest by Sara Gillingham.  This book has a little finger puppet bird attached to the book, and she adored being able to manipulate the bird as we read the book.

Kate made a simple nest craft inspired by a craft I saw on a friend's Instagram.
 I cut a nest shape and two little bird shapes out of cereal box cardboard.  Kate colored the nest and painted the birds.

 I helped her glue it all together.
 Kate was SO proud of her craft.

 I found this cute bird in a nest snack on Pinterest.  Kate LOVED it.  I made more of them for Collin and Reagan when they came home from school.  Pineapple is a favorite fruit around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That snack looks awesome! Kate did a great job with the nest craft!

Sherri said...

Perfect in every way!!