Sunday, March 16, 2014

Seven Days of Luck - Days Five and Six

On the fifth day of our seven days of luck, the girls made shamrock shirts.

I cut shamrock shapes out of freezer paper, and ironed them on (shiny side down) to white shirts.  For Kate's shirt, I used a pencil eraser dipped in green fabric paint to outline the shamrock and then make dots around the shamrock.


Kate wanted to help a little; she made a few dots on her shirt.

Reagan outlined her shamrock, but chose a different design.




We let the paint dry and then peeled off the freezer paper.



Later in the day, we had "pots of gold"!

On the sixth day (today), I made shamrock bread by rolling biscuit dough into long ropes and then forming seven of those ropes into the shamrock.  I brushed on egg and then sprinkled on about 1/2 tsp of garlic salt and a little Italian seasoning.  I then baked it until golden brown.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum that shamrock looks delicious! LOVE the shamrock shirts!

MaryAnne said...

Those shirts are adorable! And thank you for explaining HOW to use the freezer paper to make stencils! People talk about it all the time, but they assume you know how to do it - and I don't (well, didn't - thanks!)

Sherri said...

I thought these were absolutely adorable!!!