Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mouse Paint

Kate is learning the letter M this week.  There are so many different activities I'm hoping to do for M; it's just one of those letters I guess!  Today, we had fun with Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh.


Kate helped me squeeze red, yellow, and blue paint into sandwich size bags to represent the puddles the mice create.


Then we had the mice jump into the puddles by adding more paint to represent a colored mouse into the correct puddle.  Once the mice were in the puddles, Kate went to work squishing the colors together to create new colors.




I taped the bags onto our sliding glass door, and Kate LOVED this.  She was WAY more excited about this than she was about mixing the paint colors.





 Kate draws a lot of circles these days.  Sometimes she calls them circles, sometimes she says they are ovals, and sometimes she tells me she made the letter O.

Whenever I show Kate the letter M, she turns it around and says it is a W.  I remember Collin doing this too, smart cookies.

*The outfit is one of Reagan's old dance costumes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun activity! I love the color streaming through the door!

Sherri said...

Okay...that is super duper cute! I love it! We need to go back to M and have some fun with your ideas! ;)