Friday, March 28, 2014

Playing with Flowers

Reagan received beautiful flowers for her birthday, and every day since Kate has asked to play with them.  Today, I realized the flowers were not really looking pretty in the vase anymore and I was about to toss them in the trash when I realized that Kate might enjoy playing with them first.  WOW, did she ever!


 She spent some time touching, smelling, and just looking at the flowers.


 I thought a magnifying glass might help her see all the little details on the flowers.



Then she asked for water.
 She was cleaning her flowers.  She got her sleeves wet and asked to take her shirt off.


After playing for over an hour, she was really wet and continued playing all wrapped up in her bath towel!
I am so happy that I didn't throw those flowers in the trash!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Kate had a blast! Sammy would have loved this too. I should do this next time instead of throwing them away!

Sherri said...

That is a great idea! I have some spring flowers that are about to turn! I think I will have to copy your idea!!! Might as well make the most of them?
I love how LARGE the magnifying glass looks up to her face! She is seriously Adorable!